[WAG] The Quake.

Isaac Freeman isaac.freeman at gmail.com
Mon May 12 13:07:05 PDT 2008

Hey guys!

I've read everything I can find on the net today, and watched the little
information that is being broadcasted on the news channels about the quake
in China.

I know Chengdu's aiport has cancelled it's flights, but thinks it will be
operating soon. (Not sure what that means)  The aiport website shows all of
the flights being cancelled since 2pm when the quake hit.

I can't make out how far west or northish the earthquake traveled, as only a
few areas are named.

It's seems like Qing Cheng Shan is close enough that it may have been
affected, but it's too difficult to say with the information I have.

Aparently roads out of Chengdu are pretty seriously affected, but can't find
clear information, as I imagine the information is still being collected.

I've heard Jesse was/is on a train to Chengdu, but was most likely far
enough away still that he would be safe.

Jesse when you get this, send us an update as to how things look.

My heart and prayer goes out to the people in Sichuan province.

My flight leaves in 16 days, this is certainly a pretty serious turn of
events.

Attached is google map wth the co-ordinates of qing cheng shan in comparison
to chengdu. (Seems like 50km in a flight path).

30.96667
103.51667

If anyone finds any information about sites affected, or quake zone mappings
please let me know.