[WAG] How is everyone?

Kelly Atlas Bauche atbauche at verizon.net
Tue Jan 8 12:06:15 PST 2008

Hello all!
It is really good to hear from people. I'm attaching pictures in the
hopes you all will too.
My practice (work) was going really well then  I had an injury. I
summoned it..most likely. Blew out my knee...a good one!

 I have been delving into pain and its language and what it means or
not. Like Wei Wu Wei talks about bondage. I have clients who come back
often with the same "pain" I tune up the meridians and off they go happy
as clams and sooner or later they are back with the same pain. Instead
of coming to me for a "fix" I started teaching them through meditation.
So I wondered what can be done to free up this chronic ...probably shen
disturbance...... Go to the shen...

Through years and years of residue built up on the shen/mind I'm saying
the good, the bad, and the ugly...all of it. All the things that block
the vision of the shen. When the shen/mind tries to see around the
residue of our thoughts it can't so pain arises in an effort to clear
the path. With my clients I have been teaching how /no thought./..even
for a brief moment can start opening a vision for the shen to see through.

Our bodies are habitual so it is like walking through fog in a forest
you can't see the change right away.

The most difficult residue to give up are the good traits, the things
that protected us from harm as a child. The protection of the shen is
imperative for a child to survive. Once we have grown up it is part of
how we view the world. We don't know any other way to view the world so
it is like wearing sunglasses against the sun it hurts when you take it
off...who wants to? But, If it is attaching to something it is bondage.

As people start "awakening" this gets hard for me and those who I am
confirming landmarks to because it exposes the shen which was covered
before. A slower process is better for this reason. People want to run
back to cover... the liver (hun) flares up.... the zhi,yi and po...the
entire five-element system shifts and it ....hurts..guess what I want to
do as a health provider? I want to take pain away....I can do that..but
it doesn't ultimately help..So how do I tell my clients i can't take
their pain away I want them to listen to their pain? I have to go back
into that forest of pain myself.

So i went under the knife. no pain medicine(they did a mild sedative for
insurance purposes)...wasn't easy to get the doctors to do this.

Armed with "no arms" they invaded my wei qi and i was able to watch
without watching feel without feeling....you know all the catch-22
phrases that one can think of! I was suppose to have crutches for six
weeks but use them a day. I was walking well in four days thanks to
taiji walking! I did this in pain with something I can't call it
entirely meditation but a strange co-operation, a taiji so to speak. I
have so often wanted to escape my body and go ....into the oblivion but
damn it I have a body and now it is becoming a team member a yin to the
yang a yang to the yin. the noumen and phenomenon.
I'm thinking it is like a spinning top when the two spin in harmony they
are no longer dualistic but one!Why do we need these bodies anyway?

 Forgive me if anyone got through that...That was a a lot of thought for
no thoughts!!
any way, the pics are my taiji clothes i designed in ShenZhen. That is
my daughter and husband. You can see his Chinese roots coming out...he
is French but his father was a barefoot Daoist doctor in China...
Pleas write and send pictures....
Kelly