[WAG] Master Ni.

Isaac Freeman isaac.freeman at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 03:54:09 PDT 2007

I woke up this morning at 1:30am. The vibrations I reconized, I had been
woken up by my own energetics choosing this moment to come alive.

I suspect it has to do with various things physically on an energetic level,
normally I get up and meditate when this happens, but due to my practise
being at a point where I cannot meditate today, I was gonig to have to shut
them down, Normally I can shutdown the energetics and sleep these days.  I
tried this but mentally I stayed awake as If I had woken up from a long
sleep.

Some part of my subconsious mind tried to expell the mental energy through
some kind of jing shift and I was left with an urge to masterbate.  I
refocused my mind somewhere else so that I could avoid that, I had no desire
to bring this moment closed that way, I know from experiance it definately
functions to put you to sleep but energy is better spent elsewhere.

So if it wasn't to be QI, and wasn't to be Jing then where should the energy
go, I thought about going for a walk, and doing some walking meditation as
this would be less likely to bring about the difficulties I face in my
practise, and would lend towards contimplation of the dao.  I moved to get
up, but I found myself reaching for the I-Ching book in my closet. I caught
myself, but decided that I should throw the yarrow sticks in that case.  I
realized that I had thrown out my yarrow sticks for some reason, of which I
could not remember at this time, so I looked around for pennies, which
usually operate as a close second, none.  I found myself flipping open to a
random page.  Now normally one sees one of the hexigrams and tries to makes
sense of the translation. This morning I didn't flip to a hexagram page, and
since I wasn't using yarrow sticks I just decided to read the passage.

The passage was so moving for me that I wanted to share it with you guys.
It isn't a hexagram as I have said but rather a question answered by an old
master the author is interviewing.
My teacher Don in Victoria has been telling me that my obstruction in my
practise is related to knowledge, and gentleness, that I do not fully
understand the meaning of gentlness and so cannot practise it on myself. He
also said before I can understand gentleness I have to understand that my
intelligence is the biggest barrier I have in not understanding gentleness.
I have been contimplating this connection for months, anyway here is the
passage.

Question:
How did the ancient sages know so much about the universe? Does their
knowedge meet scientific requirements and i stheir way congruent with the
scientific way?

Master NI"
As I udnerstand it, the development of the mind has two main directions
which exemplify yin and yang. There is the analytical , geeralizing mind on
which modern science is baseed, and thee is the high intuitive, or integral,
mind which enables the truth to be presetned in the right way. The  The
integral mind, which differs from the modern intellectual midn, is the basis
for the knowledge of the ancient sages. It sees the whole picture at a deep
level, thus the discovery of the entire truth of the universe was possible.\