[WAG] Hello All!

muriel at river-of-jade.com muriel at river-of-jade.com
Fri Dec 22 09:12:13 PST 2006

Dear All, Good to hear from you Isaac and Cliff.  I was thinking only the
other night that it would be good to be in touch again....  Though as
Isaac said too, I often feel I am back on the mountain whem I do my
practice, and if I want to, can feel the presence of all of you around. I
think the way you described 'collecting the Jing' , Isaac. is more or
less the same as I recall it.  Maybe one slight variation I have is that
I tend to breath inwards and upwards through the Hui Yin (which
compresses/contracts the abdomen)at the same time as tightening the
buttock/perineum muscles and clenching the fists.  I think I also
slightly clench the teeth - but I suspect these might be my own
variations that have just evolved, since I can't see that written in my
notes, but I find for me, it seems to focus the energy in the lower dan
tien.
After three months of practice, I feel this is the most energetically
'tangible' practice I have.  Not only do i feel strong registrations from
the practice itself, but am sure it is changing the energetics in my tai
chi - as if the meditation and the form interplay with each other. Yet I
do not have a sense that my jing is strong.   Possibly a factor of my
age.  But  'something is happening' despite that.   I wonder about the
experiences of others?  It might be interesting to share experiences,
But there again, possibly the experience is all, and does not need to be
talked about.  I send all of you loving wishes for this Winter Solstice
which marks the emergence of the Yang...... Muriel