[WAG] Hello All!

Isaac Freeman isaac.freeman at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 21:42:09 PST 2006

Hello all!

I hope you enjoy your holidays as you receive them!

Time has been moving quickly and yet I remember each of your faces as it was
only yesterday up on the WuDang.

The emptiness of the void does wonders for missing you all though and I
generally only feel I have been disconnected with my original study group,
when I am reducing practise to attempt to work through difficulties.

One thing that has come up as a question lately in relation to Daoism,  is a
question of enlightenment, if Buddha said there were five paths to
enlightenment and all of them included contemplation, where does Daoist
enlightenment fit into that?   Is it possible that there is another form of
Enlightenment that even Buddha an all knowing sentient being did not
understand?

Perhaps the contemplation comes in when you reach a point where you seek to
understand the I-Ching and as Teacher Hu described is the process of the
path itself. So in effect, just maybe reading the old classics and letting
your mind build the wisdom through meditation allows you to understand words
that normally do not form cohesive thoughts. Indeed contemplation seems like
a necessary part of the Daoist path, albeit a sort of opposite reflection of
that nature, meditate to become quiet, place your mind into the void, this
seems to bring wisdom, and yet as in the Bhuddist path, seeking wisdom
through knowledge is not the way, but contemplating the how's.

I see this reflected in every day life, if one loves doing something one
should focus on it and think of the hows to be creative, the hows to be
sensitive in it, the hows to improve and yet not focus on the attainment of
knowledge for these purposes, but more working with what is present to these
ends. As all forms some knowledge is required and one should not be afraid
to learn, yet always being thinking of the how rather than the what or why.

Well my friends I have a request to anyone who can full fill it.  I would
like to have someone re-affirm the Jing Preservation technique that I'm
performing is accurate for what you remember or have notes on.

This is how I remember it, stand feet shoulder width a part or slightly more
and stand with knees slightly bent. Hands hanging to the sides palms facing
backwards. Bring mind focus on the HUI YIN, the point between the genitals
and the anus.  When the Qi is felt then bring the Qi up to the solar plexus
or focus on that path if nothing is felt. When you do this you tighten the
muscles around your Hui Yin and breath in, bringing your hands into a slight
fist and then holding for a few seconds and then breathing out. Repeat six
to nine times?

Please review this and let me know how it compares to what you are
practising currently, have notes on or remember.

**Bows with hands in yin-yang symbol position**

Namaste my friends.

BTW I've come to learn dantiens don't need to function, they just are.